Best 3D Printing Pen 2018 Reviews
Who could have imagined 3D printing pens a decade ago? These devices are not just expensive tools fancy architecture firms use anymore. You can buy a 3D printing pen for your home, office or as gifts for your kids. They are unsurprisingly cheaper than 3D printers, and can actually be used as an educational tool for small children.
In case you are wondering what the magic behind 3D printing pens are, it’s plastic. The pen uses liquid plastic as “ink.” The user “draws” using the gooey plastic which can remain suspended in space until it cools and becomes hard like regular plastic.
Best 3D Printing Pen 2018
The process is quite cool, but probably not as cool as all the items you can create with one. Here is a list of the best 5 3D printing pens you can buy in 2017
Table Of Contents
3DOODLER 2.0 MOMA EXCLUSIVE RED 3D PRINTING PEN
3Doodler 2.0 is one of the best 3D printing pens that offer best value for your money. It’s slim and very compact. The small design makes it easy to hold and carry. The best 3D pens are determined by how great the nozzle is.
If the nozzle is bad, the resulting creations would be imperfect as well. 3Doodler 2.0 has a durable nozzle with superb temperature control to ooze out liquid plastic.
The nozzle ensures maximum performance so you can create without any technical issues. Also, the pen has a large button to keep it in use without accidentally slipping the finger. This pen has two speed controls, so you can easily control the speed at which the nozzle works for optimal drawing.
There’s a LED light to indicate when the plastic is melted and ready to use. This takes speculation out of the equation like most earlier models of 3D pens. Plus, you can adjust the temperature at which the plastic melts to ensure superior safety and ease of use.
CREOPOP CORDLESS 3D PRINTING PEN
CreoPop 3D pen is quite popular for its ease of use. It requires no cord, so you can print without any hindrances. This pen is very suitable for professional artists. The pen is designed with professionals in mind to make the creation process stress free as possible.
Because this pen lacks a cord, it’s more portable and flexible. It’s also suitable for larger printing projects. Also, the CreoPop 3D pen is notable for its higher capacity battery.
The battery can be charged separately so it lasts longer. Battery duration will depend on the size of the project. On low settings, the battery can last throughout a small project. You get 5 speed settings with this 3D pen.
As a little bonus feature, this pen comes with an LED light near the nozzle that lights up the nearest work area. That’s very convenient when working in dark or low-light settings on intricate projects. Also uniquely, this 3D pen uses photopolymer ink, which is not as toxic as ABS plastic used by most 3D pens.
- [STARTER PACK] With Blue, Yellow and Red Cool Ink's: The Only No Hot Parts,No smell,Easy to use, Safe 3D Pen Certified by UL.
- [UNLEASH YOUR CREATIVITY] CreoPop lets you draw three-dimensional objects with ease. Just press the button and create any shapes you like. There are no hot parts so CreoPop is safe for both adults and children. Let your imagination flow. The possibilities are endless.
- [No Hot Parts or Melting Plastic] Unlike other 3D pens there are no hot parts, no melting plastics and no unpleasant smell. Instead, CreoPop uses photopolymers that are solidified using built in LEDs to let you focus on creating designs rather than being worried about burning your fingers. Changing ink takes just a few seconds.
- [Breakthrough Innovation] CreoPop lets you draw 3D objects with ease. Just press the button and create any shapes you like. The possibilities are endless.
- [No Power Cord] CreoPop is battery operated and charged through mini USB. So there is no power cord that gets in the way of creating designs.
MYNT3D PROFESSIONAL 3D PEN
The winning feature of the MYNT3D Professional 3D Pen is its ability to be customized any way the user likes. You will have control of all aspects of creation. You can, of course, adjust the speed.
But you can do it in a gradual manner with this pen. Most other pens require you to switch between preset speed limits.
This feature makes this pen ideal for handing small and intricate crafts, or very large projects. The temperature of the filament, too, can be adjusted in 1-degree increments. The temperature ranges from 130 to 240 degrees Celsius. This will allow you to customize the thickness of the filament without a hassle. MYNT3D pen is also more affordable than other 3D pens and you can purchase one brand new for less than $100.
The pen comes with plastic filament in 3 colors. You can purchase refills when you need them. This pen works with both USB and power outlets. You can switch between ABS and PLA filament If desires. Overall, this is an excellent product for serious 3D printing artists.
- Watch imagination come to life with the Professional 3D Pen
- Adjustable feed lets you regulate speed & flow for optimal control of material while you're drawing
- Temperature is adjustable in 1 degree increments from 130 to 240 C, for optimal fine-tuning
- Large, OLED display lets you monitor temperature of material to help you achieve a wide variety of effects
- Kit includes 3 colors of ABS plastic filament A/C adapter and slim, ergonomic touch pen with 1 year limited warranty
SOYAN 3D PRINTING PEN
Soyan best 3D printing pen is surprisingly lightweight. It can feel like a real pen in your hand to make creations effortlessly. The lack of weight makes this pen easy to hold and you won’t experience instantaneous wrist fatigue.
The most notable feature of this 3D pen, however, is its ability to draw both horizontally and vertically. You can only draw vertically with most pens.
Soyan is an excellent choice for professional 3D sculptors who may need to draw in many directions.
This pen is also quite safe for kids. It can be a great teaching and fun drawing tool to improve artistic and spatial learning abilities of small children. Each pens comes with a guide, a power adapter and 30g of ABS filament.
The pen heats up in 2 or three minutes. You can switch between different colors during the drawing process. This 3D pen comes highly recommended for both home and office use.
- The Soyan 3D printing pen is light and slim, easier to handle. You can easily control extrusion speed for smoother operation and endless creation.
- This 3D printing pen is perfect for kids: no matter creating 3D models, doodling or drawing interesting things. It can help children to improve spatial thinking ability, to encourage their creative imaginations.
- Draw vertically. Draw horizontally. Lift your imagination off the page! The 3D printing pen extrudes heated plastic which instantly hardens, allowing you to literally draw in 3D, freehand or on paper. Change colors quickly and easily. The possibilities are endless.
- Package includes: 3D printing pen, Power Adapter, Quick Start Guide, 30g ABS filament and 5 pieces template Paper.
- October 2017 upgraded design, much more stable and durable than before. And we offer 1 year limited warranty for it.
EXCELVAN DIY 3D DOODLING PEN
As the title suggests, this is the 3D pen to have if you are a casual doodler. It’s very affordable, probably because it’s intended for casual users. It’s made for hobbyists. You can gift one to an older kid interested in art to hone skills. This pen does not come with many fancy features so it’s very versatile.
There are plenty of options to customize as you like.
Color therapists will be happy to know that filament for this pen is available in a multitude of colors, including green, blue and white. The pen is quite easy to use. All the buttons are clustered together to make settings adjustments during operation.
You can adjust the temperature of the filament and speed with relative ease. The pen comes with 3-meter rolls each of both ABS and PLA filament, so that’s a big plus. You will get two different colors chosen randomly. If you are a hobbyist, this will be more than enough.
Conclusion: As 3D printing has risen in popularity, 3D pens have become more affordable. You can buy one and pay the same price as you would for a color inkjet printer. Some 3D pens can even be given to children. But keep in mind that safety of different pens varies greatly. If you plan on giving a 3D pen to a child, carefully read the product description to make sure the device is safe to use for children.
3D pens, like printers, need refills when used regularly. So you may want to check the prices for refill cartridges when you make your purchase. If you are a professional, you may want to buy a pen with affordable refill cartridges. Also, keep in mind that 3D pens are an evolving technology.
It’s worthwhile to buy the latest version of a pen or a new release than an older one. The newer pens come packed with cool features and are generally safer than older models.