Best Activity Trackers Reviews
When you jog or exercise regularly, do you actually know how many calories you have burnt or how much energy you have spent? Tracking such stats is important for knowing whether you are doing your best to stay in good shape. When you jog outdoors, it’s not like there’s a treadmill heart rate monitor to tell you how fast you are exerting yourself.
Luckily, we live in the age of smartphones. Now you can have an activity tracker strapped to your wrist while your smartphone collects vital fitness data such as your heart rate, the number of strides you have taken or the distance you have been running.
Best Activity Trackers
|1||Garmin vívosmart HR Activity Tracker Regular Fit - Midnight Blue (Deep Blue)||2773 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch, Black, Silver, Large (US Version)||7821 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Fitbit Alta Fitness Tracker, Silver/Plum, Small (US Version)||10498 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Garmin vívofit Fitness Band - Purple Bundle (Includes Heart Rate Monitor)||216 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband (Plum, Large (6.2 - 7.6 in))||38459 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
There are many more types of data activity trackers can collect. You can later analyze this data to figure out how you are faring. If you are an older person, you can show data like heart rate when jogging to your physician for better medical examination results.
Thanks to the popularity of activity trackers, the tech market is flooded with them. However, only the top-quality ones can actually accurately take in statistics like your heart rate. Here is a list of top-quality activity trackers fitness buffs can rely on.
Table Of Contents
VIVOSMART HR ACTIVITY TRACKER REGULAR FIT
From the trusted navigation gadget maker Garmin, this is definitely a high-end activity tracker known to generate highly accurate results. It mainly tracks the heart rate and then calculated other important information such as calories burnt. The tracker comes with a corresponding smartphone app.
You will get tracker notifications on your smartphone with texts, ringing tunes or vibrations.
The tracker itself can give you notifications of text massages, calls, or other social media alerts that your phone gets while you are exercising. This tracker is highly useful if you want to track your performance when exercising outdoors.
The tracker has a bright LED display with large letters easy to read while jogging. You can instantly get stats such as distance run, calories burnt, heart rate, floors climbed, day time or intense exercise minutes.
It’s recommended to keep this tracker on whenever you go for a walk or a jog. It will help you keep in touch with your performance. This tracker sports a unisex design and comes in a charming blue color. It looks just like a wristwatch when wearing.
- WRIST-BASED HEART RATE - Tracks heart rate to provide more accurate calories burned information.
- SMART NOTIFICATIONS - Displays any notification from your mobile device; calls, texts, social, music, games, etc. with vibration alerts so you don't miss a beat.
- INTENSITY MINUTES - Monitor your progress against aerobic activity goals recommended by health organizations such as the American Heart Association, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
- ACTIVITY TRACKING - Displays steps, calories, distance, heart rate, floors climbed, intensity minutes and time of day.
- NOTE: The image on the packaging shows a brighter blue then the actual unit's color. The actual unit color is a very dark blue. Please refer the User Manual before use.
FITBIT BLAZE SMART ACTIVITY TRACKER
This is actually a smartwatch with excellent activity tracker feathers. Wear this during exercise both indoors and outdoors to get highly accurate readings of your heart rate.
Even if you don’t exercise, you can wear this smartwatch in case you have a medical condition that requires constant monitoring of your heart rate.
You can easily keep a record of fitness statistics regarding each of your workouts with this smartwatch tracker. One of the biggest advantages of this tracker is that it has GPS connectivity.
It can notify you of the route you are taking when you are out jogging or power walking. The tracker can be connected to your smartphone so you can get notifications of important calls or texts while on the run.
You can sync this tracker with apps like Gmail and Facebook. Vibration notification can be set on the tracker. It’s also very comfortable to wear and will not slip off when you upper arms become sweaty.
- See simplified heart rate zones for quickly checking exercise intensity during workouts with PurePulse(TM) continuous, wrist-based heart rate monitoring (no uncomfortable chest strap required)
- Use multi-sport tracking to track runs, cardio, cross-training, biking and more. Effortlessly and automatically record other workouts to your dashboard with SmartTrack
- Enable connected GPS to map your routes and see run stats like pace and duration on display (when your phone is nearby)
- Track steps, distance, calories burned, floors climbed and active minutes. Stay connected with call, text & calendar alerts and notifications from your favorite apps like Gmail, Facebook and more (when phone is nearby).Start a FitStar workout on your wrist and get step-by-step instructions and graphics to ensure you complete each move correctly
ALTA FITNESS TRACKER
This is a budget fitness tracker with high-quality features. This tracker will help you collect a vast amount of data related to your health such as heart rate when jogging or calories you have burnt in a session.
The tracker has a high-end OLED screen to clearly view stats while on the go.
It also shows current date and time. Quite neatly, you can wear this tracker at night to keep a record of your sleeping times. You can later make sure you are sleeping healthy. The tracker has an in-built alarm function too.
This tracker has a lovely exterior so you won’t feel awkward wearing it in public. A variety of band colors are available to suit all tastes. When synched with your smartphone, you will get SMS alerts and call notices as well.
This is a 24/7 fitness tracker that you can wear throughout the day to keep track of your health and wellbeing. Alta is highly recommended for true fitness buffs.
- Track steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- See stats and time with a bright OLED tap display;Battery life up to 5 days. Battery life and charge cycles vary with use, settings, and other factors; actual results will vary. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- Automatically track how long and how well you sleep, and set a silent, vibrating alarm ; The Fitbit Alta wristband is made of a flexible, durable elastomer material similar to that used in many sports watches. The Alta tracker and clasp are made with surgical-grade stainless steel ; Syncs Wirelessly : Android and Windows devices.
- Personalize with interchangeable metal, leather and classic bands sold separately ; Battery life up to 5 days. Battery life and charge cycles vary with use, settings, and other factors; actual results will vary. Battery type: Lithium-polymer. Charge time: One to two hours.
- Get call, text and calendar notifications at a glance when phone is nearby
GARMIN VÍVOFIT FITNESS ACTIVITY TRACKER
The vívofit activity tracker can be deceptive with its simplicity. It can show you a host of data related to your health, including calories burned, distance, steps taken, time, step count, and heart rate among others.
In addition, there are features such as goal tracker and move reminder.
You can set fitness goals and track your performance with the goal tracker features. Movement reminder can be useful when you need to change your workout routine in a timely manner.
This tracker is water resistant, so sweat will not damage it. You can easily wipe it with a damp cloth to keep clean so it doesn’t start smelling with prolonged use.
You can actually immerse this tracker in water up to 1 feet in depth for 30 minutes. The battery power on this one is quite impressive. The battery can last up to a year before requiring replacement.
- Pairs with heart rate monitor chest strap for fitness activities (chest strap included in bundle package).
- Move Bar - Motivates you to be active throughout the day by displaying a red move bar after one hour of inactivity. Additional segments light up for every 15 minutes of inactivity. Just walk for a couple of minutes to reset.
- Long battery life - Stays on for more than a year without having to change the battery. Easy-to-read display - View the time of day and your stats right on your wrist.
- Achieve your goals - Vivofit learns your activity level and assigns a personalized goal each morning. Count calories - Records calories burned throughout the day including base metabolic rate.
- Monitor your sleep - Set the sleep mode when you go to bed to track the quality of your rest.
CHARGE HR WIRELESS ACTIVITY WRISTBAND
This is a truly unique fitness tracker that allows users to record the usual fitness data on a regular basis. It can be worn on a 24/7 basis to get data on your sleep cycle as well. There’s a gentle vibration alarm to wake you up in the mornings if needed.
This tracker has a bright OLED display so it’s hard to miss the numbers and letters on the screen even during daytime. It’s also very comfortable to wear all day.
This tracker syncs wireless to smartphones, tablets, computers and over 150 devices running in iOS, Android and Windows operating systems.
It’s also water resistant so you can wear is when drizzling or sweating profusely. Battery can last up to 5 days depending on use.
- Charge HR syncs automatically and wirelessly to tablets, computers and 150+ leading iOS, Android and Windows smartphones using Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology. Syncing to computers requires Internet connection and USB port. Syncing to mobile devices requires Bluetooth and Internet connection. Syncing range: 20 feet
- Water Resistance: Charge HR is sweat, rain and splash proof. However, the device is not swim proof or showerproof. With any wearable device, it's best for your skin if the band stays dry and clean. Battery life: lasts up to 5 days. Radio transceiver: Bluetooth 4.0
- Warning: Do not use if you have a pacemaker or other internal, or implanted medical device. Not intended for use by children under 13. Always consult your physician. Slippery when wet
- We recommend charging your device every few days to ensure you are always tracking. Charge time: One to two hours
- Syncs with Windows Vista and later, Mac OS X 10.6 and up, iPhone 4S and later, iPad 3 gen. and later, and leading Android and Windows devices
Conclusion: If you are buying a fitness tracker, do invest in a good on like of the mentioned ones above. Cheap trackers may not last long, and worse, may give you inaccurate data. So, read customer and professional reviews before you buy a fitness tracker and choose a good one that fits your needs and budget.