Best Air Mattresses Reviews
Do not go camping without a good air mattress. You will return home with a sore back that may hurt for weeks. Plus, sleeping on the ground can be uncomfortable for some. If you don’t get proper sleep, you will be too cranky during daytime to actually enjoy your outing.
Air mattresses, quite obviously, are easier to carry than stuffed mattresses. Most modern air mattresses have improved designs so they feel like the real, feather-stuffed counterpart.
Best Air Mattresses
|1||SoundAsleep Dream Series Air Mattress with ComfortCoil Technology & Internal High Capacity Pump -...||13691 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Serta Raised Queen Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump||1766 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Intex Raised Downy Airbed with Built-in Electric Pump, Queen, Bed Height 22"||8355 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Insta-Bed Queen Air Mattress with Never Flat Pump - Beige||3604 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|5||Lightspeed Outdoors 2 Person PVC-Free Air Bed Mattress for Camping and Travel||1013 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
If you are shopping for an air mattress to take camping, there are several things to take into consideration. First, check whether the air mattress requires manual pumping or can inflate by itself. Most campers will prefer a self inflating air mattress.
You will also need to consider the size of the matters relative to the size of the camping tents or the sleeping area. There are several other features, like firmness, you may care about. With all that in mind, let’s look at the best five air mattresses for campers
Table Of Contents
SOUND-ASLEEP DREAM SERIES AIR MATTRESS
This is a queen-sized mattress designed especially for the outdoors. The exterior is a lovely blue and beige that will contrast the earthy green outdoors. The mattress is buttressed by about 40 internal coils that keeps it firm and increases longevity.
The comfort coil technology keeps the mattress sturdy and durable.
This is a self-inflating mattress with a convenient built-in pump. With a single click, the mattress can self inflate in about 4 minutes. It will deflate quickly with a single click as well.
When inflated, this mattress will be 78 x58 x19 inches in size and roughly 20 pounds in eight. There’s a firm grip on the underside of the mattress to keep it firmly in place without any sliding. When not in use, you can tuck this in neatly after folding with the cord provided.
The carrying bag is provided with each purchase. The inflated mattress can hold about 500 pounds in weight, which is about two or three average weight people. This mattress is partially waterproof as well.
- ComfortCoil Technology showcases industry leading design with 40 internal air coils for added durability and support. Your bed remains flat and firm so you can stay SoundAsleep!
- Patented 1-click internal pump for easy and fast inflation / deflation. The Dream Series mattress reaches full inflation and firmness in under 4 minutes and can be topped off quickly and easily. The air mattress is designed for in-home use and is perfect for overnight guests, friends or relatives
- Queen Sized with Inflated Dimensions of: 78" x 58" x 19" - Raised "Double-height" air bed with dual chamber construction. "Sure-Grip" bottom prevents bed from unwanted sliding
- Extra thick, waterproof flocked top for added comfort and durability with multilayer, puncture-resistant material. Carry bag included for easy transport!
- SoundAsleep's consumer friendly 1-year guarantee. Call or email any time for support
SERTA RAISED AIR MATTRESS WITH NEVER FLAT PUMP
This is another queen sized mattress that stands at 78-80x 60×18 in size when inflated. The exterior is vinyl, which is known to be durable, flexible and waterproof. The vinyl will not easily give into the rough outdoor climates or environment.
Most air mattresses do not inflate well enough off the ground, so it feels just like sleeping on the floor. When inflated, this mattress will rise about 18 inches off the ground. So you will get the feeling on sleeping on a real mattress when out camping.
This is a self inflating mattress with an automatic pump. The pump has an auto shutoff feature so the mattress is protected against over inflation. Serta air mattress is buttressed by 35 coils that feel like actual cushion. The surface material is layered to prevent possible punctures.
The mattress has additional cool features like an in-built night light and a USB port to charge phones or tablets. You will get an extra pump with the product as well. The only downside is that the pumping process can be a bit noisy.
- Two pumps in one bed, patented neverFLAT pump system silently keeps your airbed inflated all night
- Primary pump automatically inflates and deflates your airbed in less than 4 minutes, secondary neverFLAT Pump monitors and silently maintains the air pressure to your desired comfort level while you sleep
- Convenient auto-shutoff feature on primary pump automatically turns the pump system off when the airbed is fully inflated or deflated
- 35 circular coils create a supportive and level sleep surface, durable flocked top provides a soft and comfortable sleep surface that also keeps your sheets in place, made from quality materials that are puncture and water resistant to ensure a long life
- Durable flocked top provides a soft and comfortable sleep surface that also keeps your sheets in place, made from quality materials that are puncture and water resistant to ensure a long life
INTEX RAISED DOWNY AIRBED
This self-inflating queen sized air mattress is known for its durability and comfort. It has an inbuilt pump (AC) that can get it inflated in 5 minutes or less. Once inflated, the mattress will be raised about 22 inches off the ground.
You can go to bed as if you are in a hotel room, not a tent camping outdoors. The exterior of the mattress is water resistance so you won’t have to worry about any water damage. The vinyl exterior is quite sturdy and is known to last for years.
The middle of the inflated mattress is slightly indented. It will prevent the people sleeping from rolling off to the ground. The package includes a convenient carrying bag and two inflatable pillows as well. (The pillows have to be manually inflated. Blowing with the mouth is typically sufficient.)
The mattress capacity is capped at 600 pounds. Despite the host of features this mattress provides, it’s quite affordable. Other than some cases of building and the noisy pump, this is one of the best camping air mattresses you can buy.
- Inflatable Queen airbed for home use. The sense of loss of pressure is a result of the bed stretching but does not indicate it is defective. Needs to re-inflate the bed again until it fully settles, which usually takes 2-3 nights.
- High-powered, built-in electric pump for hassle-free inflation and deflation, inflates mattress in just under 5 minutes to the desired firmness
- Raised 22 inches from floor with waterproof flocked top with vinyl beams and sturdy construction
- Indented sides keep your fitted sheets from slipping and a carry bag is included for easy storage and transport
- The item is 7.5 x 14.5 x 18 inches and it is 60 x 22 x 80 inches (W x H x L) when inflated.
INSTA-BED RAISED QUEEN AIR MATTRESS WITH NEVER FLAT PUMP
This air mattress comes in two sizes: twin or queen. The exterior is white in color and is very durable. The mattress is made by welding construction to prevent weather and rough environment damage. When inflated, it’s very comfortable for two people to sleep in.
The mattress has an auto pump to inflate or deflate, which it can do in 4 minutes or less. The pump has a convenient auto shutoff feature too.
Plus, this air mattress has a protected upper surface to ensure that the bedding does not slip off to the ground in the night. It’s well buttressed with two pumps to ensure that no sagging occurs. Each pump is low noise. It makes this mattress idea to take on wild areas where quietness is necessary.
- Sueded Top Keeps Bedding In Place
- Two pumps in one bed. The patented neverFLAT pump system silently keeps your airbed inflated all night. Guaranteed!
- The primary pump automatically inflates and deflates your airbed in less than 4 minutes. The secondary neverFLAT Pump monitors and silently maintains the air pressure to your desired comfort level while you sleep. Convenient auto-shutoff feature on primary pump automatically turns the pump system off when the airbed is fully inflated or deflated
- 35 circular coils on the Queen size and 21 circular coils on the Twin size create a strong, supportive, and level sleep surface
- 18" raised height makes getting into and out of bed easier; Included carry bag for convenient storage and travel
LIGHTSPEED OUTDOORS AIR BED MATTRESS FOR CAMPING AND TRAVEL
This is a two person air mattress that is 100 percent free of PVC plastics. Rather than PVC, this is made from TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane). TPU makes this mattress more lightweight than others so it takes up less space in travel bags. TPU is also highly durable.
The mattress is equipped with a two-way Boston valve to adjust the firmness following inflation. It also has a stabilizer system to prevent overnight sagging, bumps and other firmness issues.
The mattress has a battery operated pump to auto inflate or deflate.
The interior of the mattress has independent connectors to make sure weight is evenly distributed. That technique prevents bouncing when multiple people sleep on it. This mattress is also phthalate-free and is ideal for people with allergy concerns.
- Sleep better on this two-person Phthalate and PVC-Free air bed; adjust firmness thanks to the two-way Boston valve and patented stabilizer system
- Superior durability from TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) material construction that packs up small and lightweight
- Fits standard queen sized sheets; measures 79 x 55 x 6.25 inches (LxWxH); packed size: 18.4 x 9.2 inches; (LxW); weighs 6 pounds
- This PVC-free air mattress is more temperature stable, abrasion resistant, and is more durable than regular PVC air beds
- Comes with battery operated pump and an oversized storage bag (batteries not included)
Conclusion: Comfort, durability and even weight distribution is extremely important factors when buying an air mattress. Look for these features in the products you seek. Always invest in a high-quality air mattress from a reliable brand. You don’t want to end up in the middle of nowhere with a leaky mattress.