Best Portable Air Conditioners Reviews
There are several advantages to owning a portable air conditioner than one you install near the ceiling. For starters, you can move the portable air conditioner any where you want. You can just buy a single portable air conditioner, and use it in multiple rooms at different times of the day.
Secondly, portable air conditioners are easier to repair. You don’t have to climb the ladders or let strangers into your bedroom when you can just take the air conditioner for repairs.
Best Portable Air Conditioners
If you are thinking about buying an indoor portable air conditioner, there are several things to take into consideration. Foremost, quality and durability is very important. Buy a product that comes with a warranty from the manufacturer.
You may also want to consider the aesthetic appeal given that a portable air conditioner will have to blend in with the rest of the furniture. Fortunately, there’s a diverse range of portable air conditioners for modern consumers to choose from.
There are interesting models that can be energy efficient, cool against climate components and also keeps the air clean. You may not find all the features you need in one product. Some high-end portable air conditioners, however, do come close to being perfect. Here is a list of the top 5 of these amazing products.
Table Of Contents
MN10CESWW 10,000 BTU PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER
This white portable air conditioner looks sleek and quite modern. It can cool an immediate surrounding area of 350 square meters. For larger rooms, you may have to keep it turned on for longer. This product actually offers 3-in-1 functionality.
It’s has cordial compressor, dehumidifier and a 3M electrostatic channel features all packed in one compact device.
It comes with a full remote control just like regular installation air conditioners. The body of the portable air conditioner has LED-lit controls as well.
The portable air conditioner has four caster wheels to move it around. It slides easily on tile. It may require a little bit more work on rough carpet. However, the device is not very heavy; you can move it like you would a chair.
This portable air conditioner can work continuously for two hours on full mode without leaking any water. It does not have a basin to product exhaust. You can manually evacuate the window vent when needed. Overall, this is one of the best portable air conditioners in the market that will not disappoint homeowners.
- 10,000 BTU portable air conditioner cools areas up to 350 sq. ft.
- No bucket, no-drip design uses auto-evaporation system
- Dehumidification up to 70 pints per 24 hours.Full function remote control
- Digital LCD display with feather touch controls
- Refer page 15 of user manual for troubleshooting steps.
WHYNTER 14,000 BTU DUAL HOSE PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER
This is an excellent portable air conditioner to cool small to medium sized rooms for extensive periods. The air conditioner cannot run on long continuously. However, it can quickly cool a room in a brief period of time.
This portable air conditioner will immediately cool 500 sqft of surrounding areas.
It’s highly recommended for use in bedrooms, children’s rooms, workshops, home offices and classrooms.
Quite notably, this portable air conditioner is highly energy efficient. It’s built to be eco-friendly and only emits ozone friendly particles. This device is built without any harmful refrigerants like R-410A. This product contains zero lead.
In addition to cooling, you can switch on to a radiator system to keep rooms pleasantly warm in colder months.
The heating mode can rise up to 89 Fahrenheit degrees, while the cooling mode goes down to 77 Fahrenheit degrees. It also has a fan mode, a dehumidifier and a programmable clock to make sure you are not over using the portable air conditioner.
- Three operational modes: air conditioner, fan or dehumidifier. This unit can cool up to a 500 square feet space (ambient temperature and humidity may influence optimum performance)
- Full thermostatic control (61°F - 89°F) with digital readout, 24 hour programmable timer
- Remote control, carbon air filter, washable pre-filter, and product manual packaged inside exhaust hose
- Dehumidifying capacity of 101 pints per day, 3 fan speeds. Includes extendable exhaust and intake hose (up to 60") and window kit (up to 46")
- Maximum power consumption: 1250 W / 10.8 A . Power supply: 115 V / 60Hz / 1 Phase . Max. window kit length = 46" , Min. window kit length = 20".
LG ELECTRONICS LP0814WNR 115-VOLT PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER
This is a reputable and reliable portable air conditioner from the noted home appliances brand name LG. This quality portable air conditioner can cool 300sqft of immediate area. Cooling is pleasant.
The ventilation system generates a steady flow of cool air so the room does not suddenly become chilly or stay partially warm.
This unit is relatively easy enough to operate. For optimal operation, it’s highly recommended to wrap the fumes hose.
This portable air conditioner is also very quiet. It’s not completely noise free, but you will barely notice the sound, like an overhead ceiling fan that’s been on for too long. This 115-watt air conditioner comes with a remote control and has a control panel on the body as well.
The buttons on the body panel are large and very easy to use. The exterior of this portable air conditioner is pretty standard. The white plastic body does not look like much so it will blend in with almost any interior decoration.
- 8,000 BTU vented portable air conditioner uses standard 115-volt electrical outlet
- Compressor : Rotary. Cools a room up to 200 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 2 pints per hour
- LED display panel with 2 fan speeds and 2 cooling speeds
- Auto-restart saves your settings for when power is restored to the unit
- Easy roll caster wheels allow for easy movement across most floor surfaces
HONEYWELL CS10XE 21 PT. INDOOR PORTABLE EVAPORATIVE AIR COOLER
This portable air conditioner is perfectly suited for spot cooling in homes or offices. It’s best used to cool a room with only one or two people. Interestingly, the design of the portable air conditioner contains no compressors.
As a result, this air conditioning unit consumes less power at about 100 watts.
This product is a very practical solution for those concerned about rising energy bills, but still wants an A/C cooled room.
Assembly is easy. All you have to do is unload, unwrap add water to the basic, plug in and start using. The water basin is removable for cleaning and refilling. Make sure all the windows are doors are closed when this portable air conditioner is in operation.
One downside of the low power consumption is that this unit only works best up to about 175 sqft. For larger areas, all openings will have to be closed and the air conditioner will have to stay on for longer periods.
- Ideal for use in the southwest and midwest regions of the US in typically hot and dry climates where humidity levels are <60%
- Not just a fan - air cooler reduces temperature through water evaporation
- Ideal for spot cooling small areas as you use them such as bed, desk area, sofa/TV area, dining table.
- Moist, cool breeze can cool you down & be used as humidification during winter months
- Low power consumption - operate all day long
SPT 8,000BTU SINGLE HOSE PORTABLE AC
This is a 3-in-1 unit with a cooler, dehumidifier and a fan all rolled into one. It can cool a respectable area up to 250 sqft.
There are a host of features included in this portable air conditioner.
The fan in it has two speeds, and there’s also a programmable clock to turn the unit on and off at desired times automatically. The unit sits on castor wheels which roll around easily.
The wheels can be locked so the unit does not accidentally move when it’s supposed to stay stationary.
The unit comes with a full remote controller and a manual on how to set it up and maintain.
- 8,000btu cooling power, self evaporating system, digital temperature display, digital thermostat with remote control
- Lcdi plug, fire resistant pvc plastic housing
- Choice of programmable timer or continuous operation, programmable timer - up to 24 hours (on, off or both)
- Extendable exhaust hose (up to 59".), built-in water tank or extended water tube for continuous drainage, ul
- 8,000btu cooling power; Self evaporating system; Digital temperature display
Conclusion: Read about all the features on offer before committing to a single air conditioning unit. Make sure the portable air conditioner has the capacity to cool the size of the room you intend to use it in. Buy an energy efficient portable air conditioner to save money on utility bills.