Best USB Wireless Adapters Reviews
The purpose of a USB Wireless Adapter is to allow you to create a connection between your computer and a wireless network. These devices are incredibly important if your home has a wireless network. It stops you needing to drape cables all over the place which can, of course, be a huge amount of hassle!
Best USB Wireless Adapters
|1||Panda Wireless PAU06 300Mbps N USB Adapter||2690 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|2||TP-Link N150 Wireless Wi-Fi Nano USB Adapter (TL-WN725N)||9024 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|3||TP-Link AC450 Wireless Nano USB Adapter (Archer T1U)||9024 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Edimax EW-7811Un 150Mbps 11n Wi-Fi USB Adapter, Nano Size Lets You Plug it and Forget it, Ideal for...||9835 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
On this page, we are going to take a look at some of the most popular wireless adapters on the market right now. These can be used to set up all manner of different networks. If you see a wireless adapter on this list, you can be sure that it is going to perform a fabulous job!
Panda Wireless USB Adapter
This is the type of adapter that you are going to need if you have a Wi-Fi network in your home. It is suitable for plugging into any computer with a USB device which should, hopefully, be most of them.
One of the main reasons as to why we have selected this wireless adapter for our list is down to the fact that it boasts a huge amount of speed.
It is able to pump out 300Mpbs. In most cases, your internet network is not going to operate at these speeds. This means that this adapter is going to be suitable for using in the future too!
It is compatible with almost all of the major wireless standards out there. This means that you should be able to get it running on your computer with no issues.
It is also compatible with most main operating systems. This includes Windows, Apple and Linux systems. It is a plug and play device which means that it will take little in the way of setting up. Providing you know your Wi-Fi password, you will be able to use this product!
- Works with any 2.4Ghz wireless g/n routers
- Max. wireless connection speed: 300Mbps
- Supports both infrastructure and ad-hoc modes
- Multi-OS support: 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 8.1/10/2008r2/2012r2, Mint 14/15/16/17/17.1, Ubuntu 12.10/13.04/13.10/14.04/14.10, Fedora 18/19/20/21, CentOS 6.4/6.5/7
- Security: WEP 64/128bit, WPA, WPA2, 802.1x and 802.11i, Cisco CCS V1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 compliant
TP LINK Wireless Nano USB Adapter
This is a tiny little Wi-Fi adapter. Its small and sleek size means that it is going to be simple to carry around. It has been designed to be used with either a PC or a laptop.
It is capable of speeds up to 150 Mbps. This means that it is going to be suitable for almost every single purpose. You certainly are not going to experience any lag when you use this device!
One of the wonderful things about this adapter is that it is going to be simple to install. As with the other wireless adapters on this list, it is ‘plug and play’.
This means the computer should install it automatically. If it does not, then it comes complete with a disk that you can slot into your computer which will allow you to install the USB adapter quickly and easily!
The one downside to this adapter is the fact that it is quite small in comparison to a few of the other products on this list. This means that you are going to need to take great care when transporting it around. That being said, the small size means that it is perfect for sliding into your wallet or something similar.
- USB WIFI ADAPTER - Connects laptops and PCs to Wireless N networks via USB
- FAST WIRELESS NETWORK - Speeds up to 150Mbps for lag-free video streaming and Internet calls
- MINI DESIGN - Allows you to plug it in and forget it is even there
- EASY SETUP - Quick setup with included CD
- ADVANCED SECURITY - WPA/WPA2 encryption
TP LINK Wireless 5 GHz Nano Adapter
This is another small and sleek design. In fact, the design of this unit is very much similar to the one that we have covered previously.
However, it is slightly different in the way in which it operates. This is because it operates on the 5GHz bandwidth. It also offers a fast 433 Mbps rate of data transfer, which is an absolutely huge amount!
This adapter is not really made for transporting around.
The main purpose is that you will be able to plug it into a USB slot and just forget about it. It is going to be a whole lot simpler than installing a wireless card into your computer.
As long as your computer has a USB 2.0 slot, and the chances of it not having one are pretty slim, then you are going to be able to use this device! It works with every single operating system out there, most of which it works with on a ‘plug and play’ basis which means you are going to have no issues getting it up and running.
- USB WIFI ADAPTER - Wireless data transmission rates of up to 433Mbps
- MINI DESIGN - Allows you to plug it in and forget it is even there
- BLAZING FAST - Utilizes 802.11ac standard and is backward compatible with 802.11a/n
- STRONGER SIGNAL - Transmits on only 5GHz band to avoid wireless signal interference
- LEADING SUPPORT - 2-year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
TP Link 2.4&5GHz 450Mps Wireless Dual Band Adapter for Windows
If you know how to tinker about with computers and, let’s be honest, it is not going to take all that much effort to get this installed in your computer, then the TP Link card may be just what you need.
One of the wonderful things about this wireless adapter is that you are able to use it at either a 2.5GHz or 5GHz frequency.
This means that it is going to be compatible with just about every single system that you throw at it. It is also able to operate at a maximum of 450 Mbps. This means that you are going to be well and truly covered for the future.
Edimax Wi-Fi Nano Size Adapter
We are going to wrap up this list with this offering from Edimax. It is the smallest device on this list thus far. One of the main reasons as to why we have chosen it is down to the fact that it has a huge wireless range.
One of the largest that you will find on this list. The maximum speed on this device is 150 Mbps and, as you probably know by now, that is going to be more than suitable for the majority of purposes.
There is yet to be a single Wi-Fi network that we have not managed to get this hooked up to. It is ridiculously simple to use and we are struggling to think of a better product right now!
Remember, when you are on the hunt for a Wi-Fi adapter, you should always read through as many reviews as possible. This ensures that whatever you pick up is going to be of an incredibly high quality and will suit your purposes down to a tee!
- Supports 150 Mbps 802.11n Wireless data rate - the latest wireless standard. Permits users to have the farthest range with the widest coverage. (Up to 6 times the speed and 3 times the coverage of 802.11b.).
- Power Saving designed to support smart transmit power control and auto-idle state adjustment
- Supports WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) Standard so that you can let different types of data have higher priority. It would allows better streaming of real-time data such as Video, Music, Skype etc
- Includes multi-language EZmax setup wizard
- Spec Standards IEEE 802.11n; backward compatible with 802.11b/g Wi-Fi Certified. Security 64/128 bit WEP Encryption and WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK security; WPS compatible IEEE 802.1X