Best Bike Helmets 2019 Reviews
The helmet is one of the most important safety gear every bike rider needs to own. It is a requirement by the government, and rightfully so. Purchasing a helmet is a worthwhile investment to keep your head and face safe in a worst case scenario.
Best Bike Helmets 2019
To make sure you are getting the right helmet, you need to consider a few features that include, but are not limited to, size and adjustability, comfort, and safety-related features such as the material and reflective decals for night rides.
The following are the best bike helmets currently available in the market to get you started.
Giro Revel Helmet
The Revel helmet by Giro is for, as its tagline goes, “any ride, any rider”. The one-piece exoskeleton design combines style with function efficiently.
In fact, each Revel helmet is constructed to make sure that anyone can ride confidently and comfortably without compromising safety, the most important feature.
The shell is designed to ensure full coverage, and features In-Mold polycarbonate construction with EPS liner, snap fit visor with reinforced anchor points, as well as its patented Acu Dial fit to ensure ease and comfort in any terrain ranging from the city to twisting biking trails.
And for riders with longer hair, rejoice as this helmet is ponytail-compatible. It boasts 22 vents for ventilation so you can still feel the wind in your hair. The back of the helmet is covered in reflective decal in such a way that it does not get in the way of how stylish this helmet looks on the road.
It comes in a variety of colors and styles to match your biking gear. Colors currently available include lime, titanium, black, vermillion, and white.
- 22 vents
- Roc Loc Sport fit system
- In-mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- Snap-ft visor with reinforced anchors
- Refective rear decal
Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet
The V-17 Youth helmet has been designed by Razor for not just biking, but for other similarly dangerous sports that require protective headgear such as skating. With cutting edge design, you can expect the latest safety technology.
It features an ergonomically padded interior to ensure comfortability and that secure fit. You do not have to worry about the helmet slipping off during those crucial moves. For ventilation, there are 17 vents on the top and sides so you can stay cool during those hot days.
Wearing and taking it off is a breeze with the side release buckles, which allow you to adjust and fasten quickly with almost no fumbling.
The V-17 Youth is designed for head sizes ranging from 22- to 23.5-inches, or youth ages between eight and 11. It is available in a sleek black color as well as yellow, blue, red, and pink.
You can also get it in child or adult sizes so you purchase one for each of your family members. Each helmet produced by Razor complies with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission standards.
- Cutting-edge youth safety helmet for biking, skating, and more
- Ergonomic interior padding is comfortable and secure
- 17 top and side vents help rider keep a cool head on hot days
- Side release buckles adjust and fasten quickly; sleek black gloss color
- Fits head sizes 22 to 23.5 inches; for ages 8 to 14; complies with CPSC standards
Bell Fraction Multi-Sport Helmet
Produced by a company that stems from an auto racing, motorcycle, and bicycle culture since 1954, you can be rest assured that the Fraction helmet from Bell sets the standard both in style and function, and has been certified for bike and skate use.
Do not underestimate the simple skate-style look. It actually provides plenty of coverage with its head-hugging shape.
In the event of unavoidable tumbles and falls, the shell is made from ABS hard plastic that holds up well to external impacts while the dual density EPS foam that lines the inside of the helmet works to absorb the hardest impacts and keep your head snug and comfortable.It weighs a solid 425g.
With 12 strategically placed vents, your head is kept cool and ventilated, which is much needed when it comes to sports that involve a lot of physical exertion.
It is available in different colors and patterns to suit your style as well as sizes that will suit any child, youth, and adult.
- Skate-inspired helmet design
- Constructed with an ABS hard-plastic shell and a dual-density EPS liner
- 12 vents allow cool air in and warm air out
- Weighs 425 grams and comes in three sizes
- CPSC bicycle safety standard certified and ASTM 1492 skate certified
Schwinn Thrasher Helmet
With over 100 years of cycling heritage, passion, and expertise, you cannot go wrong with Schwinn. Like all its other helmets, the Thrasher edition is built to the Schwinn Quality standard, which is the company’s foundation of commitment to creating the best bikes and bike-related gear.
Not only does it look good, it keeps you safe and comfortable all throughout. Enjoy the ride with the flow ventilation holes placed all over the helmet that allows you to stay cool.
With the Dial Fit strip on the back, you get 100% adjustability for the perfect custom fit to suit smaller or larger heads.
So say goodbye to annoying slippage or uncomfortable tightness. The design also includes a visor to protect you from the elements, but you can always remove it in the event that you prefer wearing sunglasses.
It is available in youth or adult size with varying colors and styles. You can also get a fully reflective one, or with a rear taillight for night biking.
- This schwinn thrasher lightweight helmet is designed for adults; suggested age range: 14 years old and up; suggested head circumference: 22.88 to 24.5 inches
- Schwinn 360° comfort pairs a dial adjustable fit system with full range padding for the perfect customized, comfortable fit
- Lightweight, three piece microshell enhances durability without weighing you down
- 20 top air vents provide crucial ventilation on hot summer rides
- Adjustable side straps allow you to fine tune fit and comfort and detachable visor helps reduce glare
Triple 8 Brainsaver Helmet
Apart from protecting your head from multiple impact, this helmet from Triple 8 is specially designed to keep your sweat at bay, which is unfortunately a byproduct of any sport. This is great for those who suffer from excessive sweating.
Along with the classic helmet design, it features its patented stink-free, moisture-wicking Sweatsaver Liner inside the helmet.
And to ensure you are able to use the helmet for years to come, Triple 8 has designed the Sweatsaver Liner to be replaceable.
You can get the replacement liners separately, which is available in various colors to customize your helmet. The ABS outer shell of the helmet itself also comes in a number of colors in rubber, glossy, or metallic finish, so you will surely get one that will suit your style.
The sizes available ranges from XS to XL. Although designed for skateboarding, in-line skating or rollerblading, and roller derby, you can also use it for biking and scooters.
- Classic skate helmet for kids, youth, and adults, with ABS outer shell and stink-free, moisture-wicking Sweat saver liner
- Ideal for skateboarding, roller skating, and roller derby
- Included Sweat saver liner attaches with hook-and-loop tape and is easily-removable for cleaning; Adjustable chin strap
- Available in six sizes: XS fits 20. 1-20. 5 in (51-52 cm), S fits 20. 6-21. 3 in (52-54 cm), M fits 21. 4-22 in (54-56 cm), L fits 22. 1-22. 9 in (56-58 cm), XL fits 23-24 in (58-61 cm), XXL fits 24-25 in (60-62 cm)
- To determine proper size, measure with a soft tape measure or string; manufacturer's 180-day limited
Conclusion: When it comes to the safety of yourself or your loved ones, make sure to invest in a good helmet. It is always better to be safe than sorry. After all, your head is your most valuable asset. Take this list as a recommendation when you need to purchase a helmet, and remember, safety always comes first.
Welcome to the 20MOTION corner. The inspiration behind what we do is to keep you up to date with everything you need to know about almost any product in the market to help you make better choices when you venture into any store looking to purchase a product.