Best Car Stereos 2018 Reviews
It helps to have a good stereo in the car, especially when driving for long hours. Most cars come with car stereos fitted. However, these stock models are often subpar. You can easily upgrade to a newer and better model without spending an arm and a leg.
Best Car Stereos 2018
There are a number of excellent car stereos available now that cost less than $100. Most aren’t that difficult to install either. If you are in the market for a top-notch car stereo, here is a list of good cat stereos to choose from.
Table Of Contents
Pioneer car stereos have built a solid reputation over the years as reliable and excellent products. This is one of the latest products from the brand that definitely delivers. This car stereo is 6.5 inches in size, so it fits most car models.
It goes in the dash, and displays clock and can play FM radio as well. The backlit display on this stereo is 35 percent larger. Power output at peak levels can reach 50 watts. Overall, this is a powerful car stereo that combines a number of features.
The car stereo comes with a pair of JVC 2-way coaxial speakers. The performance is not bad, but if you want stronger bass you might want to invest in another pair. What’s valuable here is the stereo.
It delivers sound is perfect clarity, just like a pair of bigger speakers at home. The stereo is surrounded by hybrid rubberized cloth for protection. The cloth helps to deliver booming sounds as well.
- Single-line, multi-segmented LCD display with LED back light is 35% larger
- CEA-2006 Compliant amplifier
- Power output: peak: 50 watts x 4 channels/ RMS: 14 watts x 4 channels
- Detachable face plate
- Wireless remote control included
This is a highly versatile car stereo that is available via Bluetooth technology. This stereo has a 2-DIN CD receiver along with USB and Aux ports as well. You can connect the stereo to a variety of modern devices without a hassle.
If you are looking for a connected and well synched cat stereo experience, this one is definitely your fit. In addition to superior features, this car stereo comes in an attractive classic-style exterior as well.
You can use this stereo to listen to mp3 music or stream online music. The car stereo has a lovely 1.5 LCD display with 13 plus 8 digits. You can easily read the display even from the backseat (given that you have good eyesight).
This car stereo works wonderfully well with Sirius SM, iHeart Radio and similar streaming services. There is a rotary encoder and a direct key for easy operation with devices like iPods as well.
- New Kenwood DPX-501BT 2 DIN CD receiver with front USB and Aux inputs and Bluetooth
- 13 Digit + 8 Digit 1.5Line LCD Display
- Rotary Encoder and Direct Key (iPod) for easy operation
- Music Search & Mixed Preset memory function
- Digital Clock (12H)
This car stereo is amazingly durable. Measuring at 9 x 6.5 x 4-inches, it’s compact as well. If your car model has a smaller slot for stereo, this Pyle could be the fit you are looking for.
This car stereo offers a high-quality immersive sound experience without an issue. The stereo has an integrated USB port along with an SD card slot. It allows you to stream music directly from a number of handheld devices when driving.
This cat stereo delivers extremely clarity. So, you can use it to listen to voicemail on the go as well.
Interestingly, this car stereo comes with a hands free remote control.
Anyone not travelling in the driver’s seat can control the car stereo without having to lean towards the front seat, which can disturb the driver at times. It has an AUX input device to plug in your handheld mp3 player or a smartphone.
- EASILY CONNECT DEVICES: The car entertainment system features one set each of RCA A/V inputs, Aux input connector jack & blue button illumination controls. It also has an SD memory card & USB flash drive readers to connect your smart devices
- DUAL BAND RADIO: The head unit receiver makes listening to news or enjoying music simpler. It features an AM/FM radio with 30 presets, giving you a wide variety of soundtrack options to choose from during travel
- PREMIUM WATTAGE: This premium head unit receiver features 4 x 60 watts power output & measures 7''W x 4.72''D x 1.96''H. It also includes seek & scan function, rotary tuning, as well as volume and tone control
- EASY SONG TRACKING: The dot matrix white LCD display makes song or radio channel tracking easier and faster. The MP3 & WMA music playback allows you to play your favorite songs while on the road
- REMOTE CONTROL INCLUDED: Keep your eyes on the road while smoothly setting your background music. A full function remote control is included to make head unit receiver operation simpler & easier
This car stereo has an appealing LCD display, which looks like a futuristic nightclub. The LCD display has large icons and shows a variety of colors. This car stereo is designed for listening to music on the go.
It has a Bluetooth adapter to easily connect to handheld devices like iPods or smartphones. Design wise, this is very sleek. Also, this stereo delivers excellent sound quality for the price.
Setup is relatively easy for most car models. However, for some cars, you may need to require a special bezel or a wire harness. But these cases are rate.
Installation is almost nonexistent. You can just install the unit and start playing. You will be able to listen to booming music throughout your journey without disturbing the neighbours.
BOSS AUDIO 612UA
BOSS is definitely one of the most trusted brands worldwide for high quality speakers. This car stereo is no exception. It delivers smooth and sharp audio without any need for tuning.
It has all the modern features needed including USB connectivity and an SD card slot.
You can just plug in your smartphone and listen to streaming music all day. This car stereo lacks a CD or a DVD player because the design aims to be compact.
But you will be able to listen to FM radio without a hassle. Overall, this car stereo delivers audio quality everyone associates with BOSS products. Spend a bit more to benefit from this amazing car stereo.
- Plays USB / SD / MP3 / WMA, AM/FM, Digital Media from Smart Phones (NO CD / DVD)
- Compatible with Audio out from Smartphones and MP3 Players
- Inputs: USB / SD / AUX
- Outputs: Front and Rear Pre Amp
- 50 Watts x 4 Max Power, Balance / Fader / Bass / Treble and Preset built-in EQ
Conclusion: The most important thing to consider when buying a car stereo is your car model. You should first check with your vehicle model and see which sized car stereos will fit inside. You can search online for this, or check the instructions manual that came with your car.
When you buy a car stereo, the product should support this size. Otherwise, you will end up mounting the stereo on the dashboard. Check the sound quality as well. It’s difficult to determine this at first without actually using the stereo. But you can still read reviews to find out how the stereo you are interested in performs.
Check the specifications for the type of audio supported. Some may also come with a pair of speakers. Buy a car stereo that may support existing speakers you have. It’s tricky to buy speakers for car stereos later.
Overall, consider all the pros and cons before making your final decision. Purchasing a product with a returns policy will be helpful just in case the stereo doesn’t fit. Buy a car stereo with a manufacturer’s guarantee to for at least a year.