Best Jump Starters 2019 Reviews
If you have ever been stranded in the middle of nowhere, you would know the importance of having a jump starter in your car. These tools can deliver a good dose of voltage to a dying battery to crank it up back to life.
Best Jump Starters 2019
When you are on the road, you can benefit from jump boxes, which are sealed in units. There are plug in jump starters as well, but these units are not very portable. Read ahead for a list of best jump starters suitable for personal use
Jump-N-Carry JNC300XL Peak Amp Ultraportable 12V Jump Starter with Light
Jump-N-Carry JNC300XL is a starter with whopping 225 cranking amps. This is a really good number to get started with. Generally speaking, portable jump starters have either “overall” or a “cranking” amp figures. Overall figure is mostly used to compare power capacity between products.
The cranking amp is the amount of amps the jump starter can create at 32 Fahrenheit degrees (or zero degrees in Celsius). Cranking temperature is the number you should be looking at to make sure a jump starter is actually suitable for your vehicle model.
Jump-N-Carry JNC300XL peaks at 900 amps. The device consumes 12 volts per charge, which is not a bad specification. As for portability, the product only weighs about 9 pounds, so it’s not awfully heavy to carry either.
The jump starter comes with a fat, briefcase-style handle that makes carrying really easy. It comes with 27-inch cables that can be neatly wrapped around when the tool is not in use. There are molded tabs to keep the wires from getting tangled.
The unit comes with a Clore Proformer battery. All in all, this is probably the best portable jump starter you can buy right now. It’s rather lightweight, and it’s powerful, so you can rely on this tool to get you out of a bind in the middle of the road.
- 900 peak amps; 225 cranking amps
- 27" #4 AWG cables
- 12V LED flashlight
- DC outlet to power 12 volt accessories
- Full size clamps to penetrate corrosion
PowerAll PBJS12000R Rosso Portable Power Bank and Car Jump Starter
PowerAll PBJS12000R Rosso is more than just a jump starter. It triples as a battery charger and an LED flashlight at the same time. Everything is neatly packed inside a compact box, so you will never have trouble with portability.
The LED flash light can be removed and fit into a pocket as well. The flashlight comes with three very useful illumination modes, including a strobe mode to use in emergencies. The SOS signal light can last up to 120 hours on a single full charge.
This jump starter can work in a matter of seconds. It’s easy to use when you are all alone with a broke down car. The device has a circuit protection feature to prevent damage to the circuitry if there’s a surge. It has overload and over voltage protection as well.
Auto shutoff feature protects the electronic devices that jump starter is attached to in case of a short circuit. Power output is well stabilized for this product, which makes this one of the safest jump starters you can buy.
- Portable battery charger with charging adapters for smartphones and tablets
- Compact car jump starter that can jump start your car 20 times on a full charge
- Ultra-Bright led flash light, strobe light, and SOS signal light that lasts 120 hours
- Built-In protection features: over current protection; short circuit protection; overload protection; over-voltage protection; over-charge protection
- Portable compact design that will easily fit in your pocket, backpack, or glove box for convenience
Jump-N-Carry JNC660 1700 Peak Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter
This is a higher capacity jump starter compared to the Jump-N-Carry mentioned previously. It is, in fact, the most powerful jump starter listed here. It offers up to offers 1,700 overall amps and 425 cranking amps, a pretty powerful combination.
This jump starter is highly suitable for larger vehicles, such as a pickup weighing about a ton. The device has a DC outlet in addition to the main function.
Plus, the original battery this comes with can be easily replaced whenever needed. This jump starter is suitable for both personal and professional use.
Other than the powerful application, this jump starter comes with little features that make using it very convenient. The cables come with clips to wrap neatly around the body for storage.
Overall design is compact and it is clearly intended to save space. Beware, however, that this jump starter weighs about 18 pounds. It no lightweight tool, but obviously it is what you need to heavy duty work.
- 1,700 Peak Amps; 425 Cranking Amps
- 22Ah Clore PROFORMER Battery
- 46" Heavy-Duty #2 AWG Cables
- Voltmeter provides charge status of onboard battery
- DC outlet to power 12 volt accessories; DC input to recharge internal battery
Stanley J5C09 1000 Peak Amp Jump Starter with Compressor
This jump starter comes packed with features. It has 500 overall amps for starting power. Indeed, that’s not much compared to other jump starts listed here. But it’s a great power capacity for a personal use jump starter.
In addition, this jump starter has a built-in 120 PSI air compressor, DC port, USB charging plug and a super-bright LED flashlight that with a head that can rotate up to 270 degrees. It’s as if this jump starter was custom designed for road trips.
Unfortunately though, this product weights about 18 pounds. That’s not exactly lightweight, but still this jump starter is highly portable.
Plus, there are certain essential safety features included, such as a reverse polarity alarm system. Battery protection is optimized so you will never have to worry.
The top of the device is rubber molded to offer better grip when moving. All in all, this jump starter combines optimal performance with on-the-road conveniences. It’s great to have in the trunk of your car just in case.
- Delivers serious jump-starting power with 1000 peak amps and 500 instant starting amps
- Reverse polarity alarm alerts when there is an improper connection; Connect the clamps to the battery, turn on the switch and start your vehicle. All Metal Powder Coated Clamps
- Features a 120 PSI air compressor to help inflate tires with low pressure; High-powered LED light rotates 270 degrees to help you work in the dark
- Built-in 12V DC outlet and USB port provide portable power for electronic devices; Includes a limited 1 year manufacturer warranty
- Jump starter should be charged every 30 days when not in use; Charges using a standard household extension cord (sold separately)
Jump-N-Carry JNCAIR 1700-Amp 12-Volt Jump Starter with Power Source and Air Compressor
This is a powerful jump starter that will deliver highly enhanced cranking power suitable for getting bigger vehicles started.
This product delivers 1700 peak amps and 425 cold cranking amps. It can offer multiple jumps per charge, which might be able to bring even the deadest batteries to life.
The 68-inch heavy-duty cables and industrial grade clamps can even penetrate through the corrosion in old batteries. This product has a super powerful Proformer battery that is known to deliver heavy-duty charges and also last a very long time.
Inside the jump starter is an integrated air compressor with industrial-great power.
The unit comes with a screw-on chuck and a 12-foot hose for the compressor. The compressor can pump up a 15-inch tire in less than 10 minutes. These are, indeed, impressive specs that will serve a wide array of purposes down the road.
- 22Ah Clore PROformer battery technology is designed to provide extremely high power output, extended cranking power and a long service life
- Reach starting points with extra long 68" #2 AWG welding cables with industrial grade PowerJaw clamps
- Rubberized base for added stability
- Voltmeter provides charge status of onboard battery
Conclusion: Any one of the above suggestions is suitable for everyday personal use. Some jump starters are more powerful than others. If you have a larger vehicle, go with the higher capacity units. When buying, look for features like heavy duty cables, industrial grade clamps and air compressors.
The best jump starter will be powerful enough to suit your needs, and it will also be portable as well. Buy only units with safety features to protect against conditions like overcharging or surges. All of the above products have these protections that you can rely on.