Best Pool Pump 2019 Reviews
If you have a swimming pool at home, there is one thing that you simply cannot do without – a pool pump. This is what it is responsible for keeping your pool clean, looking good, and unhygienic. Without this, you would not be able to use your swimming pool for too long.
Best Pool Pump 2019
This is why you cannot just get the first pool pump that you come across. You need to conduct some research about which one is best for your needs and your pool. To cut down on your time and effort, we have compiled a list of some of the pumps that are great at getting the job done.
Table Of Contents
HAYWARD SP2302VSP POOL PUMP
There is no doubt that Hayward is one of the best manufacturers of pool pumps. This is why you cannot really go wrong choosing one of their pumps for your pool. Still, this is the pump that comes highly recommended and regarded. It is easy to see why with all of the features that it offers.
First, this pump is incredibly easy to program. This is mostly due to the fact that it relies on a time clock that is built into the system.
Then you have the no-rib, extra-large basket that makes the pump even more efficient at getting rid of leaves and debris.
This means that you can have fewer cleanings as a result. Of course, there is also the Permanent magnet, totally enclosed fan cooled. Not only does this make the pump a lot better at its job, it also makes it a lot more reliable.
Last but not least, there is no denying that this pool pump is highly energy efficient. This means that you really will not have to worry about exorbitant utility bills when you use it.
- One of the industry's most energy-efficient pool pumps at any speed
- ENERGY STAR Certified and compliant with industry regulations including Title 20 and APSP 15; eligible for local utility rebates
- Permanent magnet, totally enclosed fan cooled (TEFC) motor offers incredible efficiency and reliability
- No-rib, extra- large basket design ensures easy leaf and debris removal and extends time between cleanings
- The new built-in time-clock makes programming even easier compared to basic countdown timers
DOHENY’S SWIMMING POOL PUMP
Next up on the list is the just as impressive Doheny’s pool pump. This pump has been designed to cater to above ground swimming pools. This is without a doubt one of the best pumps created by the company. It boasts a 1.5 horsepower power source, making it quite a powerful pump.
It also has a 110 volt electrical system that accommodates most of the traditional power outlets. One of the best features of this pool pump, however, is its potential for durability. For instance, it has been made corrosion resistant and therefore is well suited to being left out in the elements without experiencing any problems.
The company stands behind this test of strength with a one year warranty. Another great property is the filter basket. First, it is great at catching all of the debris that passes through.
Regardless of size, you can be assured that it will be caught. Second, it is also really easy to clean, cutting down the amount of time you typically invest in the process.
- Large, easy to clean strainer basket
- Comes with a twist and lock lid
- Convenient drain plug for winterization
- Flow rate 4,740 Gallons Per Hour
- Comes with a 6 foot, 3 prong plug
PENTAIR 340039 POOL PUMP
The Pentair 340039 has a single speed 1.5 horsepower pump. This means that water moves a great deal more efficiently through the system. At the same time, you can ensure that this takes at a much lower cost than usual. Now despite this enormous amount of power, you will not be bothered by any loud or annoying noises.
The internal flow design ensures that there is a greater amount of hydraulic noise. The pump is also self-priming. This results in a quick and easy start up process. Now, this pump is tough, making it not only a lot more capable but also durable.
There are thick walled parts, superior hydraulics, and a 56 square flange motor. One of the most important parts of any pool pump is the filter basket and the Pentair pump really does not disappoint here.
It is incredibly large, enabling to collect an enormous amount of debris. This way, you have to clean out the basket less often than usual. It is also easier to notice when you need to clean it out as there is an accessible, transparent lid.
- The Pentair SuperFlo single-speed, 1-1/2-horsepower pump moves more water more efficiently for lower operating cost
- Quiet operation due to superior internal flow design that reduces hydraulic noise.If pump strainer gasket is clogged then Clean pump strainer pot.
- Features thick walled body parts, a heavy-duty 56 square flange motor, and highly engineered hydraulics
- Oversized strainer basket extends time between cleanings; see-through lid makes inspection fast and easy
- This pump has self-priming for quick, easy start-up; 1-year warranty
INTEX POOL PUMP
The Intex Crystal Clear pool pump was designed to be used by above ground swimming pools. It works well with most 15 feet pools and with 18 feet by 10 feet oval framed pools. You have to be impressed at what this pump can do. The pump flow rate is estimated to stand at a 1000 gallons per hour.
Similarly, the system flow rate has been documented at 750 gallons per hour. Therefore, this makes it a great deal more efficient than many other pumps on the market. One of the definite benefits of this pool pump is just how easy it is to maintain once it has been installed.
All you need to do is to just replace the old cartridge with a new one. This can be done every two weeks. Also, you have an air release valve that helps to release air that may be trapped within the filter chamber.
In addition, the pump has a residue flush valve at the bottom of the filter chamber to deal with debris. If you want your pool to be as fresh and clear as possible, for an affordable price then this is definitely what you need.
- Easy to use - simply replace the old cartridge with a new one every two weeks
- Double insulated pump
- Air release valve for air trapped inside filter chamber
- Sediment flush falve at bottom of filter chamber
- Works with 18-feet Easy Set, 18-feet Metal Frame, or 18-feet by 10-feet Oval Frame pools
BLUE WAVE DREDGER JR
The Blue Wave Dredger Jr. proves that you don’t always need to spend a lot of money to get something reliable. This pool pump is certainly affordable but this does not stop it from being an amazing pump. Unlike many pool pumps, this one can be fully submerged in water.
This means that it is able to reach debris that other pumps may be unable to. This Blue Wave pump is capable of removing water up to 1/8th inch deep. What’s more, it is able to pump up to about 350 gallons per hour. It is dependent on a manual powering system, giving you greater control over how the pump functions.
This pump is easily portable which does come in handy as it can be used for more than just your pool.
Whether you have are have another water feature or are experiencing flooding, this pool pump will be able to handle it all. This certainly makes it one of the handiest investments that you can possibly make.
- Pumps up to 350 gallons per hour; Manual on/off
- Fully submersible
- Includes reusable foam inlet filter and a stabilizing base platform
- Removes water to within 1/8-inch deep
- Includes garden hose adapter and 25-foot power cord
Conclusion: This is a really great list and contains some of the best pool pumps that you can buy. They each have their own features and advantages that make them uniquely suited to a variety of pools and cleaning situations. You will not be disappointed, no matter which one you choose.