Best Portable Air Conditioners 2019 Reviews
There are several advantages to owning a portable air conditioner than one you install near the ceiling. For starters, you can move the portable air conditioner any where you want. You can just buy a single portable air conditioner, and use it in multiple rooms at different times of the day.
Secondly, portable air conditioners are easier to repair. You don’t have to climb the ladders or let strangers into your bedroom when you can just take the air conditioner for repairs.
Best Portable Air Conditioners 2019
If you are thinking about buying an indoor portable air conditioner, there are several things to take into consideration. Foremost, quality and durability is very important. Buy a product that comes with a warranty from the manufacturer.
You may also want to consider the aesthetic appeal given that a portable air conditioner will have to blend in with the rest of the furniture. Fortunately, there’s a diverse range of portable air conditioners for modern consumers to choose from.
There are interesting models that can be energy efficient, cool against climate components and also keeps the air clean. You may not find all the features you need in one product. Some high-end portable air conditioners, however, do come close to being perfect. Here is a list of the best portable air conditioners making wave online
MN10CESWW 10,000 BTU PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER
This white portable air conditioner looks sleek and quite modern. It can cool an immediate surrounding area of 350 square meters. For larger rooms, you may have to keep it turned on for longer. This product actually offers 3-in-1 functionality.
It’s has cordial compressor, dehumidifier and a 3M electrostatic channel features all packed in one compact device.
It comes with a full remote control just like regular installation air conditioners. The body of the portable air conditioner has LED-lit controls as well.
The portable air conditioner has four caster wheels to move it around. It slides easily on tile. It may require a little bit more work on rough carpet. However, the device is not very heavy; you can move it like you would a chair.
This portable air conditioner can work continuously for two hours on full mode without leaking any water. It does not have a basin to product exhaust. You can manually evacuate the window vent when needed. Overall, this is one of the best portable air conditioners in the market that will not disappoint homeowners.
- [POWERFUL, SAFE & DEPENDABLE] Cools rooms up to 350-450 sq. ft. Thermal Overload protection for added safety & peace of mind.
- [EASY INSTALL & MAINTENANCE] Washable Filter designed to protect from dust & hair to extend product life & performance. Filter cleans easily under a faucet for easy maintenance. Full set window kit included for quick & easy installation for vertical and horizontal windows (Max. hose length is 4 feet).
- [DESIGNED FOR COMFORT] Enjoy simple digital control with 3 fan speeds, 24 hour energy saving timer & remote control included
- [3-IN-1 APPLIANCE] Powerful cooling in the summer, Dehumidifier for humid days (removes up to 66 pints/ 24 hours with continuous drain option for long unattended operation), Fan circulates air for everyday comfort.
- 10000 BTU (ASHRAE-128 Standard) / 5500 BTU (DOE+ 2017 Standard)
WHYNTER 14,000 BTU DUAL HOSE PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER
This is an excellent portable air conditioner to cool small to medium sized rooms for extensive periods. The air conditioner cannot run on long continuously. However, it can quickly cool a room in a brief period of time.
This portable air conditioner will immediately cool 500 sqft of surrounding areas.
It’s highly recommended for use in bedrooms, children’s rooms, workshops, home offices and classrooms.
Quite notably, this portable air conditioner is highly energy efficient. It’s built to be eco-friendly and only emits ozone friendly particles. This device is built without any harmful refrigerants like R-410A. This product contains zero lead.
In addition to cooling, you can switch on to a radiator system to keep rooms pleasantly warm in colder months.
The heating mode can rise up to 89 Fahrenheit degrees, while the cooling mode goes down to 77 Fahrenheit degrees. It also has a fan mode, a dehumidifier and a programmable clock to make sure you are not over using the portable air conditioner.
- AWARD WINNING : 1. Good Housekeeping's "2019 Best Overall" and "can cool down a room faster than other portable units" 2. Consumer Report's 2019 Highest Score
- Three operational modes: air conditioner, fan or dehumidifier. This unit can cool up to a 500 square feet space (ambient temperature and humidity may influence optimum performance)
- Full thermostatic control (61°F - 89°F) with digital readout, 24 hour programmable timer; Eco-friendly CFC free Green R-410A refrigerant; Patented auto drain function fully exhausts all condensate automatically in most environments
- Remote control, activated carbon air filter, washable pre-filter, and product manual packaged inside exhaust hose; Noise level (dBA): <56
- Full installation set includes extendable exhaust and intake hose (up to 60") and window kit (up to 46") Max. window kit length = 46" , Min. window kit length = 20".Upgraded Plastic window kit included
LG ELECTRONICS LP0814WNR 115-VOLT PORTABLE AIR CONDITIONER
This is a reputable and reliable portable air conditioner from the noted home appliances brand name LG. This quality portable air conditioner can cool 300sqft of immediate area. Cooling is pleasant.
The ventilation system generates a steady flow of cool air so the room does not suddenly become chilly or stay partially warm.
This unit is relatively easy enough to operate. For optimal operation, it’s highly recommended to wrap the fumes hose.
This portable air conditioner is also very quiet. It’s not completely noise free, but you will barely notice the sound, like an overhead ceiling fan that’s been on for too long. This 115-watt air conditioner comes with a remote control and has a control panel on the body as well.
The buttons on the body panel are large and very easy to use. The exterior of this portable air conditioner is pretty standard. The white plastic body does not look like much so it will blend in with almost any interior decoration.
- 8,000 BTU vented portable air conditioner uses standard 115-volt electrical outlet
- Compressor : Rotary. Cools a room up to 200 sq. ft. with dehumidification up to 2 pints per hour
- LED display panel with 2 fan speeds and 2 cooling speeds
- Auto-restart saves your settings for when power is restored to the unit
- Easy roll caster wheels allow for easy movement across most floor surfaces.Air Flow (CFM) 180
HONEYWELL CS10XE 21 PT. INDOOR PORTABLE EVAPORATIVE AIR COOLER
This portable air conditioner is perfectly suited for spot cooling in homes or offices. It’s best used to cool a room with only one or two people. Interestingly, the design of the portable air conditioner contains no compressors.
As a result, this air conditioning unit consumes less power at about 100 watts.
This product is a very practical solution for those concerned about rising energy bills, but still wants an A/C cooled room.
Assembly is easy. All you have to do is unload, unwrap add water to the basic, plug in and start using. The water basin is removable for cleaning and refilling. Make sure all the windows are doors are closed when this portable air conditioner is in operation.
One downside of the low power consumption is that this unit only works best up to about 175 sqft. For larger areas, all openings will have to be closed and the air conditioner will have to stay on for longer periods.
- 【3-in-1 Design】Evaporative air cooler, Fan and Humidifier. Ideal model for the Southwest and Midwest regions of the US. A wonderful indoor spot cooling and portable fan for small areas such as bed, desk, sofa and dining table areas. Performs best in the hot/dry climates where humidity levels are <50%.
- 【Extra Safety Features】With 10+ years in manufacturing safe appliances, Honeywell Evaporative Coolers include thermal overload protection & heat-safe internal casing for added safety & peace of mind for you and your family.
- 【NOT an Air Conditioner & NOT just a Fan】NO-Compressor Air Cooler reduces temperature through the natural process of water evaporation. Mimic the comfort of a cool lake breeze in your home . Moist, cool breeze can cool you down & be used as humidification during winter months.
- 【Powerful Cooling with Detachable Water Tank】Portable air cooler with 10 gallon water tank. A full tank of water can last about 7-8 hours (at about aprox. 50% humidity). Detachable water tank for easy cleaning & refilling. Convenient digital display includes lit front-display panel, Remote Control, Carbon Dust Air Filter, Low water alarm, energy saving timer, moveable wheels & Ice compartment.
- 【Energy Saving & Environment friendly 】Super low electricity consumption, no-compressor, no harmful refrigerants - Save energy and energy costs. Reduce Air conditioning costs by running an air cooler instead of AC, OR running together with AC, helps distirbute AC cooled air faster and sustain cooling for longer so you can reduce AC settings to save cost.
SPT 8,000BTU SINGLE HOSE PORTABLE AC
This is a 3-in-1 unit with a cooler, dehumidifier and a fan all rolled into one. It can cool a respectable area up to 250 sqft.
There are a host of features included in this portable air conditioner.
The fan in it has two speeds, and there’s also a programmable clock to turn the unit on and off at desired times automatically. The unit sits on castor wheels which roll around easily.
The wheels can be locked so the unit does not accidentally move when it’s supposed to stay stationary.
The unit comes with a full remote controller and a manual on how to set it up and maintain.
- 8,000BTU Cooling Capacity
- Modes: Auto, Cool, Fan, Dry
- Thermostat: 62-88F degrees
- Recommended Room Size: 150-250sq.ft.
- Power Consumption: 900W
Conclusion: Read about all the features on offer before committing to a single air conditioning unit. Make sure the portable air conditioner has the capacity to cool the size of the room you intend to use it in. Buy an energy efficient portable air conditioner to save money on utility bills.