Best Telescopes 2018 Reviews
Want a close up peek of celestial bodies scattered throughout the sky? Then buy a telescope. There are a number of telescopes designed for hobbyists can causal users that do not cost an arm and a leg. Selecting an amateur telescope is not that hard.
Best Telescopes 2018
|1||Celestron PowerSeeker 127EQ Telescope||1,742 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Orion 09007 SpaceProbe 130ST Equatorial Reflector Telescope (Black)||215 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Meade Instruments Infinity 50mm AZ Refractor Telescope||480 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope||416 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
|5||BARSKA Starwatcher 400x70mm Refractor Telescope w/ Tabletop Tripod & Carry Case||296 Reviews||Buy on Amazon|
However, you should familiarize yourself with the features and functionality of a telescope to to make sure you are buying the right product. Here is a list of the best five telescope well suited for casual users
Table Of Contents
CELESTRON 127EQ POWERSEEKER TELESCOPE
Celestron PowerSeeker is definitely one of the most popular telescopes today. It’s affordable to the average consumer, and it’s as powerful as a professional scientific telescope. This telescope is equipped with 3x Barlow lens.
The top quality lenses are perfect for looking at celestial bodies with as much clarity as possible. The mount is German Equatorial and the aperture is 127mm. The telescope’s focal length is a respectable 1000mm. You will get this telescope with a valuable aluminum tripod and a tray to keep accessories.
You can rely on detail when you are using this telescope. You can improve performance with the accessories provided. Plus, this telescope has slow motion controls so you can keep track of the movement of the stars easily. The telescope’s erect image optics make it possible to check out objects on the terrestrial sphere too.
Overall, this telescope delivers excellent features for the price. It’s recommended for hobbyists, budding astronomers and scientists as well.
- 3x Barlow Lens
- German Equatorial Mount. Optical tube length is 20 inches
- 127mm Aperture
- 1000mm Focal Length. Fully coated glass optical components with high transmission coatings for enhanced image brightness and clarity
- Comes with aluminum tripod and accessory tray.Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm) 20 mm (0.79 in).Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 (mm) 4 mm (0.16 in)
ORION 09007 SPACEPROBE 130ST EQUATORIAL REFLECTOR TELESCOPE
This is a High-end telescope with an aperture of 5.1 inches reflector. It can gather maximum amount of light to give spectacular views of the Moon and other celestial bodies.
On a clear day, you will be able to spot bright star clusters, galaxies and nebulas as well. The optical tube, at only 24 inches, is quite short. That design supports greater portability.
Also, the short optical tube can generate faster f/5 focal ratio when you are looking at a wide field. Overall, this is one of the most versatile telescopes available to non-professional astronomers.
The telescope comes with an EQ-2 equatorial mount, which is very sturdy and stable. You will also get an adjustable tripod. You can manually generate slow motion movement of the telescope to track celestial objects migrating through the night sky. The total weight of the telescope (without the mount or the tripod) is only 27 pounds. It’s lightweight enough for convenient transportation.
Accessories provided with this telescope include two .25 inch Sirius Plossl eyepieces, collimation cap, tripod accessory tray, 6×30 finder scope, 1.25inch rack with pinion focuser and Starry Night astronomy software.
- This 5.1 inch aperture reflector telescope gathers an ample amount of light for great views of the planets and Moon, as well as brighter galaxies, nebulas, and star clusters
- Short 24 inch long optical tube design for easy portability and fast f/5 focal ratio for pleasing wide-field performance makes the SpaceProbe 130ST EQ a very versatile telescope the whole family can enjoy
- Sturdy EQ-2 equatorial telescope mount and adjustable tripod allows manual slow-motion tracking of celestial objects as they appear to migrate across the night sky
- Complete assembled telescope weighs just 27 lbs. for convenient transport
- Includes two 1.25 inch Sirius Plossl eyepieces (25mm and 10mm), 6x30 finder scope, 1.25inch rack and pinion focuser, tripod accessory tray, collimation cap, Starry Night astronomy software, and more!
MEADE INSTRUMENTS INFINITY 50MM AZ REFRACTOR TELESCOPE
This is telescope has a gorgeous blue metallic exterior and comes with a sturdy and stable tripod for comfortable stargazing. The mount is Altazimuth so it makes pointing the telescope in the direction you want very easy.
This telescope has lenses with 50mm aperture, focal length of 600mm and a focal ratio of f/12. A rack and pinion focuser is provided with each purchase. Impressively enough, the magnification lenses can be adjusted to support a variety of viewing positions.
The Barlow lenses inside can double the magnifying power of each eyepiece.
This telescope also has a 5×24 optical viewfinder.
It’s a support system that helps you point at the celestial bodies you want to observe. A host of accessories are provided with a convenient holding tray to use when you are observing. This telescope is packed with features that the whole family can benefit from.
It delivers excellent value for the price tag. Also, the package includes astronomical software and an instructions DVD on how to properly use the telescope.
- Aperture: 50mm(2"). Focal Length: 600mm. Focal Ratio: f/12. Rack-and-Pinion Focuser
- Altazimuth mount makes pointing the telescope easy
- Low (20mm), medium (12mm), high (4mm) magnification eyepieces give you variety for any viewing situation & 2x barlow lens doubles the magnifying power of each eyepiece
- 5x24 optical viewfinder helps you point your scope at objects you want to observe & accessory tray stores accessories while observing
- Includes Astronomical Software and Instructional DVD
NEXSTAR 8 SE TELESCOPE
NexStar 8 SE is a robust telescope that amateur or experienced astronomers can appreciate alike. The features on this telescope are all top notch. It comes with an 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain aperture.
The telescope is covered high transmission coating, which delivers optimal optical performance even if the observational environment is poor. The telescope is equipped with a StarPointer finderscope.
It’s a neat device that can help you align the telescope accurately for locating moving celestial objects. Even more impressively, the maximum magnification level is 480x (the lowest is 29x). The focal length of this telescope is a whopping 2032mm.
This telescope is optimized to be very easy to use. It has a quick-release form arm mount and you don’t need any tools to set up the optical tube and the accessory tray. There’s a feature called SkyAlign, which assists you to align the telescope with any three bright celestial bodies. The alignment process of this telescope is therefore far superior to any other.
Plus, the telescope is provided with a database of almost 40,000 celestial objects that the user can define. Information is provided for over 200 objects.
- The world's most beloved telescope! The classic, 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain revolutionized amateur astronomy in the 1970s. Now, the iconic "orange tube" design is updated with all the latest features to provide the best stargazing experience for beginners and experienced observers alike.
- Large, 8-inch aperture with excellent light-gathering ability provides spectacular views of the Moon and planets, along with deep sky objects like the Whirlpool Galaxy and Hercules Globular Cluster.
- Fully automated, GoTo mount with database of 40,000+ celestial objects automatically locates and tracks objects for you. Alignment Procedures : SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star Align, 1-Star Align, 2-Star Align, Solar System Align
- SkyAlign technology gets your telescope aligned and ready to observe in minutes. Even if you're unfamiliar with the night sky, you can easily align your telescope on any three bright objects.
- Unique single fork arm design and sturdy steel tripod all break down into separate components for easy transport and quick assembly..Apparent Field of View:0.63°
BARSKA STARWATCHER 400X70MM REFRACTOR TELESCOPE
This is a highly affordable entry-level telescope intended for students, hobbyists and families who would like to have a telescope on the balcony. Even though this is intended for casual use, the telescope has a magnifying power of up to 300x.
Focal length is 400mm, which is quite respectable for the low price. The telescope lenses are coated to enhance brightness of images being observed. The eyepieces are equipped with 3x Barlow lenses that are quite versatile. This telescope is very easy to use.
A child over 12 will have no trouble using this device. The tripod is adjustable and a small carrying case is provided for convenient transportation.The telescope comes with Deepsky Astronomy software programs for beginners.
Even if it is intended for beginners, experienced hobbyists will find excellent use for it too. If you purchase this telescope new, you will receive a limited lifetime warranty.
- Entry-level telescope with 300x power and 400mm focal length
- Coated glass optics for enhanced image brightness
- Interchangeable eyepieces with 3x Barlow lenses for versatility
- Includes beginner's version of Deepsky Astronomy software
- Adjustable tripod and soft carrying case; limited lifetime warranty
Conclusion: When buying a telescope, make sure you are choosing a reliable brand. The manufacturer must provide some sort of a warranty as well.
Telescopes require expert knowledge to fix so only the manufacturer will know how. Purchase a telescope that comes with additional accessories and software to enjoy a truly amazing experience from your balcony or rooftop.