Why Should You Learn to Paddle Board
Standup paddle boarding is now the new hobby for adventure sports freaks. Kayaking and canoeing are great, but for those who would like to enjoy the scenery even as they surf, this sport is ideal. No wonder SUP is all set to take the US adventure sport arena by storm. There are several benefits of taking up the sport. Some of these include:
• An easy way to burn calories: This is a great way to burn calories. Although results vary according to the terrain chosen, on an average, a person engaged in recreational paddling can burn up to 225 calories. Women can expect to burn around 500-700 calories in an hour, while men can expect anywhere from 700-1000 calories per hour. It is known to strengthen the abs, legs, and muscles in the back of the shoulder. In fact, you can even do yoga on a paddleboard. Complex yoga poses can be done on the paddleboard with a little practice.
• Helps you focus: The best thing about SUP is that it requires focus and concentration. When paddle boarding, you’ve got to block everything to achieve that balance and rhythm.
• A great way to explore the place around you: Unlike other water sports activity, you do not need waves and can paddle board on flat waters. Besides the ocean, people often board on rivers, lakes, bays and mangrove forests to enjoy the flora and fauna around you. In fact paddle boarding is a popular tourist activity in major tourist hotspots. Popular tourist places like the Kilda Beach, the Yarra River, the Sorrento Beach, and the beaches of Hawaii are known to be popular for boarding. Sea creatures and other marine life can be navigated easily with a board. Even shallow areas can be navigated with a paddle board.
• It’s Fun! What better way to relax and unwind than with a paddle board.
• Easy to learn: Learning to paddleboard is easy. All that you’ve got to do is to ensure that you have the basic equipments in place. Your board, paddle, proper gear, and some sun protection. You can start of by using the windsurfing board, but this won’t perform well. There are plenty of websites that can help you get started. The sport may be taxing, but certainly not technically challenging. Thus everyone can do it, and see the benefits